Saturday, February 12, 2011

Found on the Ground.




I have a habit and it's hard to break. I like finding stuff on the street. It started when I found this note. A small little folded up piece of paper. The edges were frayed and worn. I guess Blair had been carrying it around in his wallet for a long time. Did he drop it? Or did he throw it away? 



I don't know about you but does Bec seems to be stringing poor old Blair along here. Anyway Blair doesn't know it but this note started my own love affair with things I found on the ground. So I've been keeping my eyes peeled and over the years I've found some great stuff. All collected and documented. This note was first thing I found and here's the latest thing I found...


I was walking down Williamson Ave and there, lying in the road as I crossed, was a staple gun. Locked and loaded. So I picked it up and carried it home. I think I'll use it to do something interesting. Don't worry I promise to keep you posted. 

And on the subject of posting I'm going to keep you up to date with things I've found over the years. I figure it'll be good to share some of my findings with you. 


3 comments:

  1. NO ONE throws out a staple gun. That is a disgarded murder weapon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a good point but dude a free staple gun is a free staple gun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A while back I did a shoot and while packing up afterwards I left a power lead on the ground when I drove off, by the time I realised and drove back twenty minutes later the power cable (clearly labeled Rocket Rentals) was gone... I wept and gnashed "Who would take a power cord? Why? Why?"

    Somewhere out there a little girl with pigtails prays that little Gunny will come home...

    ReplyDelete